Just bought a new sound card and headphones but rear speakers sound muffled or quiet

tsh

Baseband Member
Just bought an xfi fatal1ty sound card and I bought "Medusa 5.1 surround headphones" to go with it

The problem is that the rear speakers sound quieter or muffled from the front and center speakers in my headphones

I tried everything I could think of to make the rear sound like the front but nothing has worked

I know that my rear speakers are not defective because if I switch the front wire and rear wire around the rear speakers sound like they should

I don't know what's making the rear sound so off

Someone Help :(

Overall the headphones sound great but the 2 rear speaker's just throw away the whole 5.1 surround headphone feeling

I tried contacting www.speed-link.com

But they have poor service

Re: Just bought a new sound card and headphones but rear speakers sound muffled or quiet

Do you have the right speaker configuration selected? Do you have all the volume levels turned up?

Re: Just bought a new sound card and headphones but rear speakers sound muffled or quiet

Yes the volume is up

speaker configuration?? I have it set to 5.1 like the manual said

i have 5.1 headphones and they have a controll on the wire to adjust the speakers individually does yours have this? are they all turned up?

yes

but if the rear up to 10 and the front up to 5 the rear still sounds different from the front

same sound level but different sounds

the concept of having 5.1 is for the rear speakers to be use for special effects and not be active all the time, if you are listening to something that isnt encoded in 5.1 surround it wont use the rear to the full potential, your problem could be that either what your are listening to isnt encoded or your wanting the rear to act like a set of Front L and Front R speakers in the back. if you want the rear louder try turning down everything but the rear then turning up the volume.

I dont wont it louder i wont it to sound the same as the front speakers in games

I go in to a bf2 server...

Take c4 a place it on the ground in front of me.. then blow it up (sounds normal)

If i do this with the rear it sounds like 5$ dollar speakers

Does this happen when you play regular MP3's? I'll bet the sound comes out loud on all speakers.

When playing certain games or watching movies, the rear surround speakers does not play all the sounds coming from the front speakers. They do all the special surround effects through the rear speakers.

no i tested this by turning the volume off on all speakers but my rear ones

And the rear stilll sounds like cra@ compared to the front evne in music

I like the medusa headphones.. wonder if the ones i ahve are broken? I dont wont to go out and rebuy them if that is how they sound

sounds like it might be the sound card if you switched the rear with the front output and the back sounded fine like you said.

Back
Top Bottom