new motherboard

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
im considering getting a new motherboard that would let me overclock my cpu better because the one i have now only goes up to 1.55V for the cpu so do any of u have some suggestions for what i could get?

That motherboard should be fine for OCing. Did you try updating the BIOS or raising the FSB? Also, the ram is no longer connected over the chipset but directly to the cpu that has a built in ram controller. The ram speed will rise at the same percentage as the FSB. For example raising the FSB by 10% will also raise the set ram clock by 10%.

its ok for overclocking as u can see in my sig but i think i could get a better overclock if i could raise the voltage but 1.55v is the max whereas ive seen on other motherboards that it can go higher

really need 2 kno price range XP less u rich and then i can suggest ne fing XD

Get a DFI LanParty SLI-DR, or if you want to be cheap get a Ultra-D and mod it. The DFI's can go up to 2.x on the vcore and 3.6v on the RAM which will be very nice for some UTT BH-5's or BH-6's.

i dont have a lot of money so ide probably get the Ultra-D, when u say mod it what do i have to do?

yeah, but i would wait for the expert version to come out. They fixed some bugs for the mobo like the 4v RAM jumper WHICH I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT IT NOT BE USED there have been cases where it would fry the mobo and DFI would NOT RMA the board. But in the expert version, they changed that problem. Im not sure if the expert version is for SLI-DR only or for Ultra-D. Im pretty sure its for SLI-DR only though. But the Ultra-D will suit you just fine.

Back
Top Bottom