Hard Drives

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
My hard drive can't seem to be found by me MOBO.... I've tried multiple configurations and have the the jumpers set right.....

Mobo: ASUS A8NE S939 Premium
Hardrive 1: 80G Wester Digital
Hardrive 2: 200G Western Digital

have you tryed setting them all to CS, thats what i do when the jumpers just dont do what i want them to do

Well I got them to work by putting them in the secondary IDE port. Now my CD-ROM thing wont work. I put the cable into the primary IDE thing and it wont even turn on. However, if I take the cable out and have just the power cord in, it will turn on. Anotherwords it works if it's in wrong.

Well I have my hard drive in the secondary IDE port on the slave cable because nothing else will work, and the primary IDE port is like fried I guess because nothing that I plug in there will work, and if I plug anything else in on the secondary cable the hardrive wont work or whatever I plugged in wont work. I have been trying to get this computer to just work for like 3 or 4 days now and I'm really sore and angry.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well, I'd change the mobo. It's probably badly damage and it could be a reason why

Trying just putting in one hard drive (the bootable one) and leave the other one out.

Hard drive=Primary Master (set jumper to Master)
CD-ROM=Secondary Master (set jumper to Master)

Double check BIOS for proper boot order.

Well I don't have a bootable hard drive because neither of them have anything on them. What I want to do is just get my cd rom drive and my hardrive to work on one freaking cable is it that hard for this POS to do?

Then simply set the jumper for the HDD as a Master and the CD ROM as a Slave or CS. If that doesn't work, check your BIOS and set to Autodetect. If it's not picking up your hard drive or your CD ROM, then you have a bad drive.

Back
Top Bottom