6800 ultra like 6800 GS?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
ok i bought a 6800 ultra 256 pci-e off e-bay, and i guess they dont make ultras anymore its GS now i guess? So is GS like Ultra? Becuase maybe sometime down the road i might wana SLI them. and i guess ill have to have the same exact card. So am i basicallly forced to buy 2 more cards that are the same? (i know im not FORCED to, but if i want to SLI them i guess i am)

thanks

edit:
Well i guess GS is the cheaper kind of GT? That is pretty cheap that they are not makeing Ultra's anymore
=*(

The GS is the awnser to ATI's X1600. It's a pretty good card considering the price.

clandestinex337 said:
is there any way to buy ultra's anymore or are they done with em?

Other than eBay or some other second-hand market, probably no.

Unless retailers are flogging new ones cheap to get rid of their last stock, that is.

The 6800 GS is only about 2-3 fps slower then the 6800GT in everything, when aa and antrospopic filtering is on gets a kick in the gut though. But its great b/c its $208

Don't get the Ultra. It's not worth it. Buy a 6800 GT and overclock it to Ultra speeds. It's the exact core that the Ultra uses, but the GT is just a underclocked version. If you want to be hardcore, you can even volt mod it to get more from the GT.

Back
Top Bottom