1-question-survey, please take :)

spitfire184

Solid State Member
Hi all.

I am taking a GCSE in Sociology and I currently doing my coursework. I wish to have your opinion on one issue (I am researching into crime on the web). Please answer the poll and post something if you must. Although I know the result will most likely be biased, I value it all the same. Please don't attempt to mess this up...

Answers will be kept fully confidential, and will not be used against you.
Peace out.

I can see the wrong in it, however...

I download music to smaple an album before I buy it, I don't really listen to 'mainstream music' so it doesn't really get commercial airtime, so I need some way to listen to tracks...

if it turns out to be crap I delete it...

if it's good then I buy the album. (it's as simple as that).
whener I buy an album I rip it to my PC and never use the CD again, because my PC is a part of my home media system.

I viciously object to the DRM programs on some CDs that activly try to stop me moving the leagally bought music to my computer for completly legal purposes...

i only see wrong in it if it isn't a promotional free download, although i have to say that everyone has done it at least once.I have spent my share on store bought CD's, and will splurge if i like it alot.

I use downloading, and if i like the music i will often buy the CD, But when its the odd track where you only like the one song, i dont.

root said:
I can see the wrong in it, however...

I download music to smaple an album before I buy it, I don't really listen to 'mainstream music' so it doesn't really get commercial airtime, so I need some way to listen to tracks...

if it turns out to be crap I delete it...

if it's good then I buy the album. (it's as simple as that).

Yeah, thats what I do, I am against downloading loads of music, except for massive bands, like Coldplay, I'm not too bothered about downloading some of their stuff. However, some of the bands I love aren't that big, so I like to buy theirs CD's. I'm also an audiophile, so I like to source from CD's :D

I always buy the cds since I like to play them in my sound system

but I also don't like the principle of downloading music when it means some people don't they thier earnings

Back
Top Bottom