New mobo - seems "dead"

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok, bought a new mobo for socket A
The mobo is asrock k7s41

I fitted it all, tried to switch on, and it turned on for a millisecond, and then just turned off. I only know it came on for a millsec because one of the neons flashed. Is this the jumpers? I have no idea what to do

P.S Really Really Really Really Really need help as I need this pc for tomorrow!!

check that all the wires are on correct places and that they are firmly in their place. Also are u sure that the cpu cooling is as it should be?, though if it's overheating it might stay on for a little longer.

Check if there is a ATX 12V socket on the motherboard thats not connected to a power supply.
The thing you need to plug into it is a square white power lead with four wires coming out of it.

Just a guess though. You never know. I made the mistake of not plugging it in.

did you try a different power supply? you might have switched it on and then your power supply went bust.

Tried 4 different p.supplies. All working I know, hehe stupid me, I forgot to put the stand up screws on..:S
Its all switching on now, flashing lol But only one prob...

After bios screen, screen goes dead, very very piss** off

Ye, its got windows installed on the HDD, as well as some very important files which I need

Back
Top Bottom