RAM question

mantle0213

Beta member
I am using a Gigabyte GA-K8VT800 motherboard and running 512DDR RAM in center slot. I have tried putting in another Kingston 512 DDR ram and I get a single beep that the computer starts up correctly, but only the first few lines of the start up screen appear. Anyone have any idea why it wont fully boot?

Have you taken the memory out and try rebooting again? Are they in appropriate slots? Are they running on the same speed? Are you sure that they are inserted correctly and snapped into the modules all the way?

yes, with just the single ram in the center spot, it boots and works fine. They both are the same speed 512 MB 333MHz DDR ram. I had a RAM problem before and Kingston sent me a new one. But in the mean time I bought a new piece and put that in, so I know the Kingston I have out worked before on my MoBo...didnt know if anyone had anyother thoughts

thats odd....how come your ram is in the center slot? what slot did you put the new ram in?

It could be that one RAM chip thats at fault.

Have you tried swapping them round so only one is in the slot, but the other one, and see if it boots?

and did the DIMM's come together or did you buy them seperately? If you bought them seperately, they have a change of not working.

Back
Top Bottom