Mixing Ram

hmm, bios could have something to do with this. :)

If u can't use both ram at the same time then use the faster one, go to bios and decrease it to the speeds of the slower one. Then put the lower one in and see if it works.

hmmmm but will I get much of a performance boost from having 1.5 gigs of RAM at a slower speed or just 1 gig at higher speed?

I play BF2 a lot, which seems to be fairly RAM intensive.

You need to make sure your RAMs are all running at the same speed. It use to be when you buy a PC133 RAM and put it in to your motherboard that supports PC100, it will step down to PC100 instead of using the PC133. Now, I'm not sure if this still applies. Better to keep everything the same, either all the RAM are PC3200 or all are running at PC2700.

I would get the 1GB at the higher speed.

If your motherboard supports PC3200, it will also step down to support PC2700 if you have that kind of RAM. Just make sure to use memory sticks with the same speed.

looks like your just going to have to use the 1gb only and leave the old stick out, its not so bad because the ram will run at 400mhz and a gb is a good ammount of ram

StarWarsPwns said:
hmmmm but will I get much of a performance boost from having 1.5 gigs of RAM at a slower speed or just 1 gig at higher speed?

I play BF2 a lot, which seems to be fairly RAM intensive.

1GB is enough. You won't get more speed having 1.5GB second

Back
Top Bottom