nVidia SLi

joelk989

Baseband Member
What exactly is nVidia SLi? im building my first computer and im purchasing an SLi motherboard.

I answered you.

SLI basically means you can have two identical graphics cards working together to double the performance of your graphics.

But the cards have to be identical, and support SLI. Your best bets are the 6600GT, the 6800GT or Ultra, or the 7800 series.

Only the GT models and upwards support SLI - that's why I've put it in bold.

its two of the same video cards put together on a SLI supported mobo. that way one gpu process half the screen and the other processes the other half. ultimate graphics!

thats pretty sweet... ill probably get an SLi supported graphics card now and get another when i can afford it, Ive already bought a AMD athalon 3000+ venice
Biostar nVidia nForce4 SLi
i would order it all at once but it was a special deal where both of them together had 50 dollars in savings so the total price was $188

I built a rig that utilizes Dual 6600GT's. My graphics smoke on HL2/CS:S/DoD:S. I can also max out the graphics on AoE III.

I am still waiting for support for SLI from World of Warcraft. It's kinda funny they don't support it, yet they are partnered with nVidia.

Back
Top Bottom