PCI Video Cards

joxley1990

Golden Master
Ok well my MOBO is from Dell - I know don't all kill me at once :( But anyway, it only has 3 PCI slots, thats bloodi it, I mean what can you use PCI for? A Network plug which most, maybe all mobo's have onboard, or mayb a nice modem, which hardly anyone uses. Jesus, but I am going to buy a new mobo at xmas, but in the meantime, I want two monitors. Can you buy a PCI video card with 2 outputs, or shall I just wait til xmas when I have a AGP slot, and then buy a vid card? I mean is AGP better than PCI?

AGP is much better than PCI.
Don't get confused for example with PCI-E which is the new type.

I'm sure you can also buy one with two monitor ports, though I would save up to buy a better video card when you get that new motherboard. You won't regret doing that :) Otherwise, you'll end up getting a card that might just scrape through some new games in Medium settings.

I don't really have games that need major good graphics, MotoCross Madness, Flight/Train Simulator..

So do you know approx in £ how much MOBO's are with 2 onboard outputs.

Yeah, you'll be best off doing that.
Even a cheap AGP would probably be better than a PCI card, and anyway, you could buy a 6600GT for about £150 which would play anything of now at really good settings.

You could buy something less though if you just wanted to play them kind of games, but I'm just thinking of expandability here, just incase you find a game you want to play but cant because of your card.

AGP is better than PCI and PCI -express is better than AGP

i would suggest getting a PCI express mobo at xmas
AGP is getting wiped out by PIC E

have u guys heard of agp pro? its on newegg and i kinda wonder wat it was. and yea only pci vid cards i know of are from ati but its expensive being it comes with a tv tuner too.

Yes, AGP is better than PCI for video cards. PCI-e is even better than AGP. How technology advances. AGP Pro is like an extension to the AGP interface in which it provides additional electrical power to the graphics add-in cards. But that's old school stuff. PCI-e is the one we should be getting though.

u would be much better off getting a new motherboard and then a new vid card because even the best pci card u can buy still wont be that good

Back
Top Bottom