Dual monitor blues...

setishock

Wizard of Wires
I have a p4 2.4 ghz with 512 of ddr400 ram. I think those of you that know me know the rest of the rigs specs. Any way I have an agp 3.0 vid card slot with a mad dog multimedia mx4000 plus parked in it. It has vga and DVI-I outputs. I have got the DVI-I to vga adaptor and several good working monitors. On the vga socket is the nokia 21" and on the adaptor is a dell m770.
When I first got the software set up the second monitor would act like it had been woke up and just showed the log in box for xp. After I clicked on the yes button it stopped working and the primary started showing a picture. I tried clone and dual but no joy.
I must be missing something some where. Or could it be that older monitors don't play well with this set up.
I have to get ready to go to work but I will check back in a while to see what you guys think.
Thanks
seti...

Have you checked your refresh rates?

Some monitors can't handle certain resolutions coupled with to high of refresh rate...........they power down to eliminate drawing to much current and smoking the monitor.
Try setting it to 60hz if it's set higher and/or lower your resolution..........

The dell m770 did say one time out of scan range so I set it to 60hz. The Nokia is set for a really hi res so the refresh rate is at 75. So if I'm reading you right both monitors have to be set to the same res and refresh rates? That kinda defeats having a 21" monitor if I have to set it to a lower res.

Back
Top Bottom