Delete...

Well ... that hard forum would be virtually nothing compared to one of the other forums that i have gone onto but haven't logged in for quite some time called GAIA online ...

Gaia's forum, the largest English forum-based community on the internet, has over 250 million posts (plus over 191 million in storage), 2 million registered users, and usually has 20,000 or more people online at any given time during the day. The most users ever online numbered approximately 41,319 on Tues, Nov.1, 2005 5:08 pm PST, during the Halloween 2005 Trick or Treat event.

Now that is what i would call big ...

Yeah. I think we do have a comfy haven here, and all the members who are regular almost know what each other are like. I like it that way.
You wouldn't know half the people in that place, and I bet you'd get more enimies than friends, and be overthrown almost all the time.

I agree with the deletion of old users. If someone hasn't logged in for a year, I think it's safe to say that they won't be back.

AND WHO CARES ABOUT OUR NUMBERS?!

I think it looks worse to have all the empty usernames than to have a few less members. Plus, David always complains about server space, right? Well, if he's so against custom avatars for this reason, then why would he ever stand for so many useless accounts taking up this precious space? Either A) he's exaggerating/lying about the server space, or B) he just doesn't have the motivation to maintain the forum (i.e. doesn't feel like adding custom avatar support AND doesn't feel like deleting old members). One of his common arguments is that having all these members makes him happy.... What? I mean, yeah, it's his forum to do what he pleases with, but if he wants it to be a GOOD forum, he might consider actually doing some upkeep. That's just my opinion though.

I've always felt this forum to be a little behind others in that it's not professionally maintained. To be honest, it feels like a bunch of kids just threw out a nifty forum with a computer theme and let the member post content support it. That's no way to run a forum. It involves active participation and administration. So yeah, I guess my point is that David should either allow us to have custom avatars (since pretty much the only argument against it is server space), or he should stop complaining about the server space since it obviously isn't an issue considering the number of old accounts.

dyserq said:
Well ... that hard forum would be virtually nothing compared to one of the other forums that i have gone onto but haven't logged in for quite some time called GAIA online ...

Now that is what i would call big ...

That's is just mad, a forum like that would take a massive amount of mods to govern the place, and amagine the spam.

CF is on it's way to being huge, as it still is..it's still the #1 site on google and yahoo.

spank_fusion said:
I agree with the deletion of old users. If someone hasn't logged in for a year, I think it's safe to say that they won't be back.

AND WHO CARES ABOUT OUR NUMBERS?!

I think it looks worse to have all the empty usernames than to have a few less members. Plus, David always complains about server space, right? Well, if he's so against custom avatars for this reason, then why would he ever stand for so many useless accounts taking up this precious space? Either A) he's exaggerating/lying about the server space, or B) he just doesn't have the motivation to maintain the forum (i.e. doesn't feel like adding custom avatar support AND doesn't feel like deleting old members). One of his common arguments is that having all these members makes him happy.... What? I mean, yeah, it's his forum to do what he pleases with, but if he wants it to be a GOOD forum, he might consider actually doing some upkeep. That's just my opinion though.

I've always felt this forum to be a little behind others in that it's not professionally maintained. To be honest, it feels like a bunch of kids just threw out a nifty forum with a computer theme and let the member post content support it. That's no way to run a forum. It involves active participation and administration. So yeah, I guess my point is that David should either allow us to have custom avatars (since pretty much the only argument against it is server space), or he should stop complaining about the server space since it obviously isn't an issue considering the number of old accounts.
I thought the complaint was about bandwidth theft sinc people appeared to be uploading avatars simply to use him as a remote host on other forums that only let you link to other avatars.

haha, good ol hard forum, those people are nice but can be really stupid at times although i admit that forum is huge!

Back
Top Bottom