CS5n531

Beta member
Hey you guys. I just build my first computer out of:

1 gig RAM
AMD Athlon 64 2800+
80GB Western Digital - SATA
ABIT NF8-V PRO ATX AMD Motherboard
GeForce FX 5200
and a Samsung CD/RW - IDE (heres a picture http://www.atxpowersupplies.com/ima...-cdrom-cd-ReWritable-Model-SW-252-350x350.gif

So far, I can turn the computer on, all the LEDs turn on all the fans start up, and the computer sends all of its signals to my monitor.

What I see when my computer boots up is the grahpics card logo/information, then the processesor logo/information (along with the press del to enter BIOS), and then it takes me to this screen that looks almost like a list and at the very bottom it says, "Verifying DMI Pool Data..." after 2 seconds it moves on to, "Boot in C:" then after another 5 seconds it goes to, "Disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter."

When this happens, i allready have my windows disk in my CD/RW. I'm not sure if this is a connection problem between wires or what it is really, so I'll just tell you how I wired it.

My IDE cable's black end is in the back of my CD/RW (its currently set to master, but I have also tryed slave). The blue end is going into IDE slot 2 in my motherboard (Because IDE slot 1 isnt anything like slot 2). The grey part in the middle is just sitting there.

My HardDrive is using SATA, so I just attatch the cable from the back of my motherboard to SATA slot 1 (I've also tryed slot 2 but it just makes my HD appear to be in IDE slot 2 or 3 in my BIOS settings).

Both the CD/RW and the HD have a power cable in them, and I can hear them spinning and 'supposedly' doing there jobs.

:confused: Im just really confused right now as to why this isnt working. Any help you guys can give to me would really help. Thanks alot.

Its alright. Don't worry. The drive opened to take the disc so its recieving power, and most likely, it can recieve data too.

What its not being told though is what to boot which is why its trying to boot from C and failing to do so.

You'll need to go into bios. Do this by pressing DEL at bootup (It'll say at the bottom of the screen if this is different) and it might be a blue background with menus.

Go into the First menu I think it is, and it should say somewhere:

First Boot Device
Second Boot Device, etc

Make the First Boot device your CDROM, and the second boot device your Hard drive.

Now, Save and Exit and the computer will restart. Hopefully now the CD will be read and will be booted from.

I hope this helps :)

I had got that advice before. I changed that a while back... its still not working :( :( :(

CS5n531 said:
oops! I ment to say that it asks to boot from cd, not c

so u boot from the cd, then install sata drivers (it asks u before it takes u to the windows installation) and then install windows.

....Im so mad at myself.

The good news: I got windows XP installed

The bad news: ... I put in the wrong disk...

L
O
L

CS5n531 said:
....Im so mad at myself.

The good news: I got windows XP installed

The bad news: ... I put in the wrong disk...

L
O
L

hahhahahah that actually is damn funny!

Back
Top Bottom