monitor problems PLEASE HELP!!!

The Amish Kid

Fully Optimized
Ok yesterday I sleeved my power supplies cables(which was a pain in the ass). But then when I get done and have everything hooked up, I go to turn on my copmuter. Well it turns on but what happens is that the monitor dosent wake up. Like it is on but the power light is oarnge. I cant figure it out. My video card is hooked up. At first i though maybe when I didnt put the molex connectors back on right after I sleeved them. Well I used some power cables that I knew were working because they were powering my fans. Well still nothing happens. Any ideas?

I think I've had this problem a few times, and my solutions were quite simple. Try just hitting your monitor's top lightly, moving it up, down, sideways, and moving the monitor cables around.

My problems were with CRT monitors.

Yeah, I forgot to say it is a crt. I have tried the cable but i will try those other things you said.

Ahh CRT monitors, alot more complicated to fix than TFT. Invest in a cheap TFT, seriosley man

Unplug the power to the motherboard, and press the power button on the case to clear out any existing charge left in the capacitors. Plug it back in, and turn your box on, it should be fixed :) - I've had this problem before... good luck!

hmmm the only help i can give you if that once my monitor wouldnt wake cuz i left it on for a long while.

turn ur monitor off for like 24 hours.

thatd might help

joxley1990 said:
Ahh CRT monitors, alot more complicated to fix than TFT. Invest in a cheap TFT, seriosley man

Seriously man, I have just spent a shit load on this computer I dont have money to buy a new monitor. And besides it isnt the montor because I tried my brothers lcd monitor and it didnt work either. Im gonna go see if what aaron said will work.
Your posts are fine this time, just don't use words like sh*t or *ss :(

sorry for the double post but I want to say aaron I love you, it worked. I thought I did somthing to my video card but now it works :D

acphenom said:
I think I've had this problem a few times, and my solutions were quite simple. Try just hitting your monitor's top lightly, moving it up, down, sideways, and moving the monitor cables around.

My problems were with CRT monitors.

Same here! Another thing that works is to move your graphics card into a different slot if possible, then move it back and make sure it is COMPLETELY tightened in! Oh yea and one thing to do is try any other monitor and if they work your monitor is dead. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom