Hidden OS partition

joelk989

Baseband Member
Alright so i have a hidden partition on my hardrive that contains the XP Home restore files you access it by holding down F10 on start-up. I was wondering if it is possible to remove the hardrive and place it in my new computer im building so i dont have to by a brand new OS. Im not sure if holding F10 would be a BIOS thing or something to do with the hardrive. Because im pretty sure i would have to reinstall windows in order to run the new system.

thanks for you help.

Just call them and say that windows was corrupted witha virus, and you need your cd, because that is exactly what i did with dell.....worked out great, tho it was for the actaul reason, either way i got the cd, lol

this is gay, they are charging 12.00 for the recovery CD and 8.90 for shipping shouldnt this have came with my computer? HP is lame

i have the restore partition 2 and when my main partition crashed i did not know how to use the restore so i had to do a clean install. does anyone think that F10 would work for me two, i have a sony

the only way to find out for sure is to start your computer and hold down F10
if F10 doesnt work try other numbers untill you get the restore screen or look in your owners manual or online on how to restore your computer at the sony website

Back
Top Bottom