Intel Celeron M 1.3ghz or a P4 1.5GHZ

darkslayer55

Beta member
I have these to processors but i am unsure of which on to put into my laptop. I do a lot of multi tasking (photoshop, dreamweaver, internet, itunes, vidoes, converting movies, microsoft offfice programs) i not to much of a gamer but something a game but nothing out of this world.

Try to get a Pentium M if you're using it for a laptop. It's fast and uses less energy.

The Celeron M is decent, but like all Celerons, they suck. The Pentium 4 M would be the second choice to the Pentium M, because P4's use lots of energy so unless you got some to spare, go with the Pentium M. It's worth the money.

Go for the Celeron M, definitely. It's not much worse than the Pentium M really.

Do not get any Pentium 4, especially for a laptop. They are hot as hell and eat up an incredible amount of power. And at 1.5GHz, it's probably not as good as a Celeron M in performance either.

Pentium 4's are okay for a laptop if it's a desktop replacement, but if you're going on lighter and more compact ones, go with the Pentium M or Celeron M. It really depends what you're going to do with the laptop.

Nah, come on, neither CPU is good. A Mobile Sempron beats a Celeron M in battery life and performance generally, whilst a Mobile Athlon 64 is better than a P4-M in both power consumption, heat and performance.

acphenom said:
Go for the Celeron M, definitely. It's not much worse than the Pentium M really.

Do not get any Pentium 4, especially for a laptop. They are hot as hell and eat up an incredible amount of power. And at 1.5GHz, it's probably not as good as a Celeron M in performance either.

the prescott ones are bad, but northwoods don't run hot and use less power than amd 64s. And pentium M is a quite good processor. But between those 2 it's quite hard to say, if that p4 is a prescott u need to recharge the battery quite often. So kind of depends where u use it, though there are not many places where u can't recharge ur laptop.

acphenom said:
Nah, come on, neither CPU is good. A Mobile Sempron beats a Celeron M in battery life and performance generally, whilst a Mobile Athlon 64 is better than a P4-M in both power consumption, heat and performance.

That is true, but Intel's more widespread and those are the ones he listed, unless he suddenly wants to go with AMD.

no, never ever will a Mobile A64 beat a Pentium-m in power consumption, heat, or performance. Pentium M's are built on a more refined 90nm process than the 130nm A64's. Due to the fact of low clock speeds, it is very low heat and thus needing very low voltage. Due to the extremely low latency L2 cache the Pentium M uses, it is on par, if not better than a mobile A64.

He was comparing the Mobile Athlon 64 with a Pentium 4 Mobile...Conrad, calm down...:p

Back
Top Bottom