Laptop lists.

I am now thinking of only going with Pentium M's, unless for some reason an Amd is better in a laptop...?

jac006 said:
They are cheap, yes, but, in the long run, you'll wish that you hadn't of gotten one.

Cheap? Maybe in the US, but here...

To be fair, though, the i9300 and XPS Gen2 are the only ones that interested me.

c'mon people im still looking. And need help. BTW im goin with a pentium M unless for somereason to go with somethen else. And im not worried about battery power.

<EDIT> Would you guys prefere the Intel Pentium M (1.5 or 1.6 Ghz)(and to get the pentium 4 equalivlant multiply M processer speed by 1.3) over the Amd sempton3000+?

I would definitely go turion because of 64-bit support and good battery life. The M is good, but for me, I would go turion. The sempron is feeling its age. The M is good though, I have to admit. M I guess. I just like the turion because of 64 bit support and good battery life and because it's amd... lol... but yeah, the M is a great cpu. Good battery consumption and an all around good performer.

Oh, well the M sounds good, but im kinda baised. Because i have never had an Amd. So yeah... But my dad is wanted me to find a good dell. because we have an account there, and its no interest for 6 months, and my mom would never find out that we are gettin her a laptop. So yeah, but is this a good one, i know its more then $1000 but my dad likes it, so we might go for it, i mean its 1gb ram, 64bit Ati x300, 80gb hard drive its pretty good. Yes i kno dell sucks. My dad thinks other wise. Oh well. Just for his sake i dont think ill be gettin an Acer, Abs, HP ect. oh well, but yeah please tell me how good this is, for a dell anyway.
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=D81115F&s=dhs

That's actually pretty good for the price. Although I would get a 9 cell battery, a 6 cell is fine. Nice setup! Your mother will enjoy this baby...

Yeah i would but its not for travel, its just that my mom leads a busy life and never has the time to use the crappy ass desktop that dad has, and with mine shes like afraid to screw something up, so were gonna get her this... But my point is that its just gonna be around the house, and she can just plug it in, and even if she did take it somewhere, where ever we go there is bound to be electricity

Check my sig.

I've got the Pentium M - great CPU, only thing holding it back is the fact that my HDD's are 5400rpm.

Benchmarks showed the M beating the Turion (for now at least), but that could change.

Back
Top Bottom