Wireless Mouse....

Half Evil

Golden Master
Which kinda mouse is better to get. A laser mouse, or optical. Mind you all its not for gaming. Also, i know that the balls suck, (lol...) but i have never heard of a "track ball"

I never heard of a laser mouse, but an optical mouse is by far the best for everything. My entire family uses optical mouse along with everyone at work too.

But isnt the laser where the bottom of the mouse is red. Or is that Optical....What the hell is optical, someone care to explain?

I think they are the same, lol. Optical, laser, LED, but in either case, there is a red light on the bottom. I'm using the IE Optical Intellimouse right now with the Back and Forward button, plus scroll wheel. So neat.

When they use laser, it's usually invisible. It uses a highly precise laser to "track" the surface you're using. And they're way more accurate on any surface than optical mice are. The downside is the price. Laser mice are expensive, but if you can afford it, get one.

Optical is different. It uses a red light to shine on the surface and relflects back to the sensor in the mouse. Usually optical loses tracking on metal surfaces or surfaces that have different reflectiveness. However, optical is cheap now and is easily bought. If you're on a budget or just need something good but not super-good, then get optical.

Logitech, Microsoft and Razer make extremely nice optical and laser mice (although Razer only makes wired mice).

No, no. It's not the kind that burn things. :rolleyes:

It's similar in concept to a laser pointer, except it's invisible.

Someone's been watching too many James Bond 007 movies :p

Next time an intruder sneaks into my house, I'll zap him with my laser mouse. Optical mouse will do just fine. Whatever you do, please do not get the old fashion mouse with the "dirt" prone mouseball in it. Sooooo not good at all. Optical technology should be the minimum you need for a mouse.

Back
Top Bottom