ATI All in Wonder Radeon 8500DV Video Card

tammy1999

Baseband Member
Hi, I have had this card in my computer now for over 3 years. I do a lot of video and photo editing on this computer. Not too long after I started using my new computer, it would start to shut down on me during any graphic work that I do and I would have to wait for about 15 minutes before I could start the computer back up. Anyway, after all this time and alot of questions in forums, I did a Video Card Stress Test on my computer and not too long after starting up the test, it shut down. All the other tests I have been doing showed no problems and there are no heat problems. Is this a good sign that my video card has gone bad? And if so, what kind of card do you recommend for my computer. I don't do any gaming, just video and photo editing.

AMD XP 2100 CPU
Abit KX7-333R motherboard
1gb ram
80 gb master hd and 80 gb slave hd
ATI All in Wonder Radeon 8500 Video Card

Thanks!!

Wow...AIW Radeon 8500?! Haha, you should upgrade. A X800XL All-in-Wonder should be good if you have enough money. Also, I would upgrade the motherboard and CPU because the Athlon XP 2100+ is OLD. Like ancient. Athlon 64's are cheap now, especially the low-end ones.

hm it sounds like its overheating..... could be many other things tho, thats the one that sticks out the most to me

Back
Top Bottom