Google Toolbar-how effective?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Any of you guys use Google Toolbar? I'm thinking of installing that to help prevent pop-ups. Norton apparently isn't thorough at doing its job. Is the Google Toolbar a form of spyware? Based on your opinions, I may or may not install it so we'll see what the responses are.

I use it and I have to say it is pretty good!

It blocks most pop-ups but you still get the odd few.

Also, it looks good on IE and you have the added bonus of searching the internet from any website!

Download it and give it a try (you can always get rid of it)

mozilla has google built in

mozilla blocks pop ups

google is available all the time and is extremely homogenous with the mozilla browser

if i am forced to use ie now it just feels wired

mozilla all the way! :)

Tone

I used to have IE and Google toolbar, it didn't block near as many popups as Mozilla Firefox does. Firefox also has a search engine box built into it for several different search engines, not just Google.

The Google Toolbar for Firefox is pretty good. You can't expect it to completely block out everything. I especially like it when you type something in the search bar and when you press Enter, it opens up another tab (go to the options menu to select that feature). It's handy because I don't have to open another tab to search for something.

Back
Top Bottom