Good Soundcard?

malakian88

Baseband Member
Hellooooo. I'm going to be upgrading from my onboard audio to a soundcard... I'm just not sure what to. Really the only sound cards I'm familiar with are the Audigy 2's. I can spend about 150 (maybe a little more so if its worth it) on a card... so how far will that get me?

Thanx

Here's a very nice one that I would LOVE to buy for myself. It's got enhance sound localization and it's Creative Labs newest chipset, the X-Fi. Check it out:

It's only $120:
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 8 (7.1) Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102188

Here's what Creative claims this card can do or features of the soundcard:

X-Fi 24-bit Crystalizer
X-Fi CMSS-3D
The Fastest Gaming Performance Ever
EAX ADVANCED HD 5.0 support
The Latest Cinematic Technologies for the Ultimate PC Movie Experience
High-Quality, Feature-Rich Recording
Dedicated Modes for Music & Movies, Gaming and Audio Creation

Yeah, if you have the money, go with the x-fi. The difference between the audgiy 2 zs and the x-fi is incredible. Spec-by-spec, the x-fi is 24 times better than the audigy 2 zs. But, hey, money is a lot nowadays and the audigy 2zs is still a fine card. It's all up to your budget man.

I was looking at two of the x-fi cards. The Xtreme music version and the Platinum one. Whats the difference between the two/is it worth the extra money?

One just comes with a little external device and one is the plain one. the ultimate one comes with some fancy led desiplay thingy, but unless you're a music developer for games or the like, I highly don't recommend spending the extra money.

Awesome, thanx for the help! I think I'll soon be the owner of a nice Sound Blaster X-Fi (Xtreme Music) :cool:

Make sure you have good speakers to go with it. If all you have are two little desktop speakers, the sound card is pretty much a waste of money. Go with a 5.1 surround speakers from Logitech.

Back
Top Bottom