Fram Rates; Resolution...Not a video card thread.

The 6600GT would look good yes.

Remember. The card, as long as it can get to the highest settings in games, will look great at what ever resoloution you run it at really. So when looking for a card, your looking for one that will perform very well, usually at about 1024x768 for average users, and still be getting 30+ FPS.

I must admit though that in the latest games, the 6600GT is starting to have to be ran at Medium settings, though on many games, this is not the case, and on standard resoloutions like the above 1024x768.

I'd try and get hold of a 6800GT or Ultra if you can. Those'd last you a long time.

But the 6600GT is a rather cheap card, and this will do you very well for a long time also, and on standard res's, you should be able to run at high settings for a year I'd say, and still get 30+ fps.

Kage said:
But the 6600GT is a rather cheap card, and this will do you very well for a long time also, and on standard res's, you should be able to run at high settings for a year I'd say, and still get 30+ fps.

I heard that the 6600GT has some problems running FEAR when the graphics are on maximum. Though I don't know if that guy had aa and stuff like that on the max.

Well with my 9800PRO 128MB card I could have everything on high, except for antialising and Smooth Shadowing and running at 800x600 and got about 25-60+fps, and the 6600GT is a much better card, so should be in the 60's-80's running it the same way I did.

You could turn on antialising of at least 4x, and if you have the 256mb version, textures on at Ultra Quality too, and would stay above 30fps I'd say, rather easily.

If you run at a resoloution of 1024x768 (standard on most monitors), you would only need 2x antialising anyway to get it smooth, so theres a factor of common sense involved too, though of course having it at 4x would make a small difference, but not a massive jump like changing the res would give and would limit the card alot less.

So its safe to say to get something with 6800 in it, because it will last alot longer then other cards. And play things like HL2, CSS, Area 51, on max settings at 1280x960 and get how many FPS?

<EDIT> could you show me a link for a really good 6800 card that will play anything at max settings, but still it dosent haev to be the best of the best, it just has to be at max settings with the moniter at 1280x960 and get i dunno maybe 60+ fps?

<EDIT> and lets not forget about the Radeon's, or is there a certain reason no body mentions them...or in that case any other video card brand.

Back
Top Bottom