Sony CDRW CRX230ED Problem

Marshillboy

In Runtime
Hey all, I'm back!...........with another problem. It seems like my Sony CRX230ED has stopped working. Win XP says "It's working just fine". Yeah, right. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, reinstalling drivers and all that rot with no success. Got any ideas?

Hey there.

I'm also having a problem with my DVD drive. Turns out its been faulty from the start, as the part where the power cable goes in at the back is loose, and this causes the drive to not take discs sometimes, so the back has to be jiggled, and the system has to be restarted, which is really annoying :(

Mine also says its working fine (Just works from the drivers), so you may find the drive itself might have gone.

By any chance have you tried moving about the back wires to see if you get a response?

Hehe, its not exactly a tip...more a way of solving the problem momentarily.

I'd advise you get the drive changed asap really.

I know I need to, though if it had the fault when I got it. It may be too late to return it now :(

No, I wouldn't say that. It was just probably on its way out.

DVD drives don't cost that much now though for example, so you could probably get a DVD writer with CD writing capabilities for the same price.

Back
Top Bottom