Help:amd Athlon Xp 2200+ 135 Degrees Ferienhiet???

OtakuBakaA

In Runtime
IM NOT SO SURE IF MY CPU IS GOING TO DIE OUT ON ME. I NEED HELP ASAP

My Amd athlon xp 2200+ cpu is at 135 F, and i have thermaltake heatsink/ fan, is it suppose to be this hot?.

That is well within range. 135 degrees F is like 57 degrees Celsius. It may be a little on the high side, but ok. Get rid of the dust that is accumulating on the fans and heatsink. Make sure all the fans ar facing the right way and working.

Also make sure you have applied a good amount of thermal paste onto the heatsink and NEVER NEVER NEVER reuse thermal paste. Wipe off the old stuff with 99 percent isopropyl alcohol and lay on a fresh supply. 70 percent will do, but the stronger the better because you get off all the old paste and you get better performance. Trust me... never reuse thermal paste.

the only 2 things i would suggest is to make sure your not dramtically overclocking the cpu somehow and to also make sure your using a nice even layer of thermalpaste between the cpu and heatsink.

so, is this "paste" supposed to be wiped down and applied again in every computer, because i have never done this with any computer i have owned, including my current one...

arrizx said:
so, is this "paste" supposed to be wiped down and applied again in every computer, because i have never done this with any computer i have owned, including my current one...

when u bought ur cpu did it come with a heatsink. If so then there probably is a thermal pad (which does the same job as thermal paste) already on it.

It should be applied to every computer. (paste or the pad, both do the same thing though I've heard that the paste would be better) Without it ur cpu is going to run really hot. I once tested this, didn't put any thermal paste (no pad either) in there and when I tried to play some demanding games my computer rebooted, (overheating) so it does help in keeping the temps down.

ur suppose to put a really thing layer so thin u can barely see it. just put it on and scrape it with a credit card or something because wat it is suppose to do is just fill in the gaps so u get mroe contact. when u add to much the thermal paste is a terrible conductor for heat. its just used for more surface area.

Back
Top Bottom