power consumption

jcon891

Daemon Poster
i was wondering if there was any program out there to find out how much power my PC is consuming... it keeps turning off or erroring when i play World of Warcraft, and its getting really annoying

Specs:

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2400 MHz (18 x 133)
Motherboard Name Intel Rexburg D845GRG (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale-G i845G
System Memory 768 MB (PC2100 DDR SDRAM)

Display
Video Adapter SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS - Secondary (128 MB)
Video Adapter SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS (128 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9600 (RV350)
Monitor Gateway VX730 [17" CRT] (123414017)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter Creative SB Live! Player 1024 Sound Card

Storage
IDE Controller Intel(R) 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller - 24CB
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive ST320410A (20 GB, 5400 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Disk Drive Maxtor 6Y060L0 (60 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
Optical Drive LITE-ON LTR-40125S (40x/12x/48x CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 19085 MB (10622 MB free)
D: (NTFS) 58635 MB (55404 MB free)
Total Size 75.9 GB (64.5 GB free)

and i have a 400W psu

please help

i dont really kno how but i think it might be the mobo. if the mobo quality isnt good, then crashes are more often.

i guess its possible seeing as its a crappy old Gateway that i added stuff to :/ , but is there a way i can change my mobo? If there is, i will just do that and buy a pretty decent cpu...

anyone else know what could be wrong?

(i think the cooling in my computer my just suck... i have a mATX case, so its real small, and the only fans are the one on my PSU, and the one on my video card cooling unit...)

err it says my reccomended power is 290, and i have 400, u think its something to do w/ a hardware conflict?

this is really confusing me, that little quiz thing confused me a little bit more..

thanks though mammik for the help

(if there is anyone out there who knows a lot about this pleeaase help, i dont feel like having my computer to restart or error every time i play :( )

sorry, really need help guys... its still doing it.. i put a fan in and everything... so i dont think its overheating... maybe its just faulty ram or psu?

take one of the ram sticks out and see what happens. If the problem is still there then put that stick in and take the 2nd one out. If the problem is still there then it's not a faulty ram.
But I doubt that it is, since if it was a faulty ram it would restart the pc quite often, even if u are not doing anything but browsing the internet.

U could also try with another psu to check if thats the problem.

i tried taking out the 512MB stick that i bought, and it didnt restart at all, but i only had 256 MB of ram.. which was hardly enough to even start the game. i couldnt get into actually playing it because it froze up.. so im not sure if it is the RAM. i will try to find a power supply that i can test in my computer.

Back
Top Bottom