Which of these two systems for Video and Photo editing??

and please NickySix DONT be under the impression that video/photo editing doesnt require a high end card...it requires a high high high end card, which even the highest class gaming cards cannot beat. the best nvidia 7800 is still no comparison to the quadro 512 mb. it will give you what you need for video and photo editing, where as 7800 will give you what you need for gaming. but since the quadro costs $1700, just save until you are a pro to buy it. dont get me wrong i do pro photo editing with my ati 9600 128mb, but i feel the need for more definetly.

REGARDING THE CONFIGURATION YOU POSTED
well you have bought a great cpu and mobo, but the rest of your config isnt screaming video/photo editing to me, use every penny to get more ram, (i easily use 3 gigs in photoshop, and have gone up to 4.6 gig of ram usage). video card, i think you have an ok card, this one will definetly last you a good 2 years if youre just starting editing.

yeah i personally would never buy the quadro just because its so over priced, i mean im running a 9600 pro here!!! imagine how much better just a x850 would be, i have asked around the video/photo editing community and everyone has suggested the quadro, but technically speaking im not satisfied, i dont see whats sooo amazing about it.

the only thing i would change is the segate hard drive, i have one now and 30gb dont show up so just change to a different brand like western digital and that computer will own for years

If it's just for video and photo editing, go with a powermac for sure, and then they're new dual processor one :p it's awsome. But yeah, if it's just for Video and photo editing go with the mac, Macs are just good with this stuff because of they're architecture and how it jusr runs to well. But if your going to be playing some games, then I would go with a PC for sure and a X2 amd chip :p

Chris

macs roooock for video editing, the mac os architecture is basically made for it, if your photo and video editing, Mac it up, the interface is much better and the speeds will rock your world editing wise, but then again, i dont think anything could outshoot that MACH 1 pc your getting, pretty pimp do'

Back
Top Bottom