another problem

i have tried the network setup wizard. do i have to do the wireless network and the regular network setup?

when i go through the wireless network setup wizard, it gives me two options, the flash drive or manually. when i go manually, it gives me some information for the other pc (SSID, Nertwork key, etc) where does this go?

How will i actually know if i get this set up correctly?

I found that I have the network set up...i think. I go my network places and i find a folder from my laptop on my desktop. but it will not let me open it says i do not have permission to open this folder. or the network location can not be reached. it will not show my desktop folder on my laptop network places

if u have a wireless network then u set up wireless networking, go for the flash drive option, for u it might be the easiest way to configure your network.

I would recomend reading up on networking... google 'networking' or 'wireless networking', im sure there are plenty of good tutorials that are more clear than i could be and explain everything u need to know about networking

if your network is set up correctly then if u click on 'my network places' u should see the computers in your network

if u need some more help, or run into problems just ask some more, thats how we learn things, and thats why forums exist , were here to help :)

:p BACK TO ME NOW hehehhe

i took my computer to a profesional so i dun need help any more ME SO HAPPY :p :D

ok, got that to work. but i am having a problem that a lot of people are having...it says am not allowed to open the folder for my laptop. why is this?

well, from what i know you can only acess folders in the 'shared documents' folder through a network, also make sure the permissions allow sharing, to check this just go to properties and look at the sharing properties. Make sure the computer that u are trying to connect to is ON, i forget about that one all the time ( make sure the computer u r trying to connect to is also configured to share through the network you set up, although i assume u did this already).

yes, i have configured both pcs for this network. the folders show up and they were both set up for sharing. i still can not let it open up my laptop shared folder from my desk top, but I can do it the other way around

and for some reason i syill can not get the printer to set up

Back
Top Bottom