Hot Hot Hot!

aowen416

Daemon Poster
Well, my computer is HOT HOT HOT! I don't know why. The inside of the case is 35C (overall) The processor is at 67C amd 3800 dual core. Does anyone know why? I have an Aspire x-plorer, using four 80mm fan mounts, i have 3 fans in the PS, a heatsink fan, and a fan on my 7800gtx why is my computer so hot?

What kind of fan are you using? OEM? Is the comp near a heater or anything? Also, what are using to determine the temp of your comp? 67C is way too hot, I agree. I suggest checking that the thermal paste is applied fully on the whole surface of the cpu. Check your heatsink, and, if all is still not doing anything, post.

aspire 80mm two, came with, two i bought. I had to switch mobos and didnt apply new heatsink, but overlall the case tempurature is burnin

Did you check the thermal paste? Never never never never reuse thermal paste. What programs are you using? BIOS or a seperate program like everest or speed fan?

i didnt really reuse it, the mobo short cirucited after about an hour after i built
, i waited a week for new mobo and switched it

So, you applied new thermal paste to the heatsink? make sure that your temp gadget isn't malfunctioning too. Did you try using a diff. heatsink?

No, no, no.... that's probably why. Wipe off the old stuff with 99 percent isopropyl alcohol and lay on a fresh supply. 70 percent will do, but the stronger the better because you get off all the old paste and you get better performance. Trust me... never reuse thermal paste.

Back
Top Bottom