Radio noise thru computer speakers

Timster64

Solid State Member
Hi, I have been receiving some radio station thru my computer speakers lately.....Creative Labs Soundblaster Audio....do have a belkin wireless keyboard and mouse, so not sure if somehow that is adding to the problem....Would like to know if anyone has experienced this problem or if anyone knows what I should do to remedy the situation....

Thanks a bunch

I get that from time to time, but turning the volume up never makes the voices any clearer.

I used to get this guy on a ham radio set coming through on my guitar amp, he used to put out his callsign and wait for calls, and I heard him having a conversation once (this guy seems to have been very local to me judging from where he said his location was).

My computer speakers, I think, are getting taxi signals and other rubbish. It's definitely not air traffic control because I've been in the Edinburgh control tower and heard what that's like for myself.

As for a fix, you could try insulating your speaker wire somehow, stopping it from acting like an aerial. Other than that, I don't think there really is a way - it's electromagnetic interference, something we can't control.

Thanks for the reply....thought I was losing my mind, and glad to know it is not just me......been told things like move cable modem further away from computer, move computer to another room in the house, but no really willing to do those things, so may try your idea....

Thanks again

Yeah, when I had my modem speaker on, I would get all kinds of crap on it. I think I got a radio station too once. It was in german too... hilarious... then one time the modem called the wrong number and person actually picked up the phone... hahha....

LMAO!! Have you guys not heard of CB radio...jkjk. Im sure you have, this is good way to listen to taxis, certain phone calls, police, air traffic, dependant on the freq. of your CB and how good your airiel is. I've got a CB that is the same size as CD drive so ive popped it into my computer and run the power plus out of one of the PCI holes thingys. and there hooked up to my computer speakers.

Back
Top Bottom