Wacky Computer

Wiping your disk and starting fresh is a LAST RESORT, make sure you back up all your important files before you do so

Wipeing the HDD and reinstalling Windows isn't hard at all. It's much easier than it seems. I just format the drive put in the CD and it asks if you want to boot from the CD or HDD (at least that's what it does on my computer) select CD and then go through the rest of the process.

reformat the entire thing and get a ghost. a ghost only takes 5 min to restore and u can create a back up any time.

It is odd. I have played around with the security settings, as mentioned here I think, BUT, I had trouble even restting the levels. Either I got the Security ...NOT RESPONDING, or if I tried to change the web page would go blank then come back.
But to no avail, same problem..

System restore was NO help since I kept getting the message that I could not revert back to the selected date....Tried several, no change...

I finally got it to work once, and I lost some items that were ALWAYS there..most notably my AUTO COMPLETE....WHICH I CANNOT RETRIEVE!!

One day the website actually responded fine.....Then all of a sudden at a later visit, the same problems occurred again..

Is there an easy way to simply WIPE the HD TOTALLY CLEAN, and start over?

I have backed up my important files (MUSIC, PHOTOS, MOVIES ) on my external HD already..All the other BS can be reloaded easily correct?

I thought maybe a thor cleaning would be necessary anyway, to clear out alot of junk......This doesn't damage a computer does it?

I also got handed to me WinXP Professional, so I thought I would add this.

There seems to be many issues with my comp, I CANNOT share files, share the printer, with my son's upstairs computer on the network..

Any thoughts...I tried hijack this, but I am NO GOOD at reading what is needed or not, and fear removing anything I may need.

I'll wait on any response or help...Thanks for the previous responses, and I look forward to any further help I can or may need!!

I am unsure as to what a ghost is?

Back
Top Bottom