Benchmark results: ATI Radeon X1800 XT vs Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX

If they Nvidia made a quad SLI, and you put 4 of those 7800 GTX 512 MB cards in here, then I think that would annihilate the competition.

ownage said:
it would be better if they did. :mad:

Then they might as well start making people pay to view the benchmarks, or have magazines ramp up the prices, because those cards and motherboards they use every month do not come cheap.

tivaelydoc said:
If they Nvidia made a quad SLI, and you put 4 of those 7800 GTX 512 MB cards in here, then I think that would annihilate the competition.

A waste of money and space. You won't even use the full power. Just pointless. Gigabyte made that Quad Royal motherboard just for bragging rights. :rolleyes:

TRDCorolla said:
I found out that x1800 XT that participated in that test was a 512MB card going up against a 256MB 7800GTX. Unfair...Of course ATI is only sending 512 MB models to the media to be reviewed, so they can achieve higher scores. Wussy's....

When their 256MB version does come out, now we're playing on even grounds. Watch nvidia get right back where they belong. In first place...

512mb doesn't help when it comes to the speed...it definately helps with the eye-candy though.

The 256mb versions will still be awesome...just because they have 16 pixel pipelines and 8 vertex shaders, it doesn't mean it'll get owned. ATI cards have always been known to do more per clock. The R520's architecture is different. Everything runs really differently.

Back
Top Bottom