You Recommend?

They are all pretty quiet now. i use western digital personally but now a days i don't think it matters which brand you choose in HDD(hard drives).

Western DIgital drives tend to have the quietest drive around compared to Maxtor and Seagate. I have an 80GB SATA Western Digital 7200RPM drive in my PC now and I can't hear a thing from it. My fans are the only thing I here, lol.

I'd agree with trd. Totally western digital. But then again, you can always get any hd and put it in a hd enclosure to quiet it even more...

Samsung SpinPoint series I have three of the 80 gig models and they are quiet as a church mouse. And run very cool I might add. $69.00USD at

www.microcenter.com

3 year warranty to boot...

I think i'll go with Western Digital, i looked around before and came to see what you guys thought. I so agree that the Samsung drives are very quiet though

SAmsung, because you can go into your bio's and dial down the speen which in turns makes it quiter. but its called "quite mode" or something like that, but i have mine as fast as it can go.

<EDIT> i wanna increase the rpm's on my hard drive. i dont think thats possible but that would be kick ass to do :p

I still remember these loud HDDs. I have a 6GB from Quantum and it makes noise lol.

Back
Top Bottom