Power Supply

CPU- AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4400+ DUAL CORE PROCESSOR
MOBO- DFI LANParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert ATX S939 NFORCE4 SLI DDR 2PCI-E16 SATA RAID
RAM - OCZ EL Platinum PC3200 2GB 2X1GB DDR400 CL2-3-2-5 184PIN Pin Dual Channel Memory Kit /W Ramsink
Case - NZXT Lexa
GPU - EVGA E-GEFORCE 7800GTX 256MB 256BIT DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV VIVO SLI ... will eventually add the second
PSU - the one i mentioned above
Hard Drive- SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.8 200GB SATA W/ NCQ 7200RPM 8MB 8MS...... or something similar
DVD WRITER- SAMSUNG DVD+-RW 16X4X16 2.4X DVD+R DUAL LAYER DVD Writer BLACK /W SW OEM or something similar
OS- Microsoft Windows XP Professional OEM
MONITOR- Samsung SyncMaster 913T 19IN 1280X1024 0.294MM 700:1 8MS VGA DVI

If you want any links just ask....and what would you change?

Oh man, that system will be blazing fast. Of all the 2GB RAM available, I feel the one you picked out works best. That power supply will give you plenty of headroom for now.

Hey personally i wouldnt buy any off brands like ultra and stuff becuase i did and that shit fried the next week i went with thermaltake for my power supply works awesome...

I was going to get the Ultra X-finity bad I read some bad r eview of it failing, but Xion has been around since 2002 and they specialize in making cases and power supplies and nothing else. They are owned by the same company that makes NZXT. This is the best power supply I have seen so far . Its either this or an Antec.

Fortron Source (FSP Group) AX500 500w PSU. The best budget PSU in the market. $91.00 at newegg.com.

OCZ Powerstream is good for the money.

PC Power & Cooling = The best of the best.

I'd agree. Either antec, ultra x connect, or any turbo cool out there. I just saw their 1k psu.... it's amazing...

I'm building a similar setup but with 3 HDDs and chose the OCZ powerstream 520W. I found it at Monarch for $120. With this PSU at least you get 3 adjustable rails which may come in handy when you plug in that second card.

Back
Top Bottom