desktop vs tower

Tower!

Alot easier to add cards and upgrade.............plus it's easier to hide under a desk, etc. They usually have beefier power supplies also as they are more likely to be upgraded with additional cards and devices.

Desktops are for the office people that sit and run MS office applications all day long. :eek:

Being me and my awsome towerness, go with the tower all the way, they're just better for home users. And Lots of them are really Stylish now adays.

Chris

Towers are nice for servers. That way, you can hold a lot of extra hard drives and such. I prefer midtowers for my PC. It's a lot lighter than the tower PC.

I recently owned a Dell desktop. There was no room for expansion. It was so bad that the only drive it held was a laptop DVD drive and one harddrive. Also, the ethernet card, which I wanted to change for a wi-fi, had a short post, so I would have needed a laptop card. Lucky it was a gift, I gave the machine back. A tower is by far better.

What they need to do is to make motherboards bigger. I hate those SLi motheboards that only have 3 PCI slots. By the time you add on two video cards, you won't even be able to use the first and second PCI slot because of the GPU heatsink/fan being in the way. You may be able to use the final PCI slot, but that's very little room for expansion. So a tower would be good along with a bigger motherboard.

depending on your budget and what you plan on doing to the computer in the futer, because if you plan to upgrades parts and components, id get a tower, and the mini case, can easily over heat the processor, because its such cramped space, so if you plan on going with a mini case, get an intel processer, because when it over heats it dials down its speed, to cool its self off, compared to an amd, where they keep running, and over heat, then burn up...

Back
Top Bottom