standby or shutoff

breaker3000

Baseband Member
its good to allways have the computer at standby when im not using or to allways turn it off when im ot using it.

Well it depends. If your away for very long periods, and so wasting power, shut down is best.

Yet if its only for a few hours, etc, standby is fine, and won't be a problem, as it only uses a slight amount of power to keep it slightly operational.

I wouldn't leave it for days, etc on standby, but yeah, you get what I mean.

If you are like me that is always on the PC at odd times, leave it on and have Windows put it in standby automatically if left idle for certain amount of time. Personally, I never use the power settings and leave mine on all the time 24/7. The only thing I have power management do it to turn off the monitor when idling over an hour, that's it. Then again, my PC is linked with the printer directly over our network so anytime someone prints something, it goes through my PC. I should get one of those USB print servers though. I just love burning in my PC...

Mine is set to go into hibernation after a hour of idle. I usally turn it off when i'm leaving though. the hibernation is just a backup incase i forget to turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom