Video won't play

The Codec is what plays the video. The Divx Player is just one way of playing it.

You'll find that the Codec will link to Media Player and Real Media, so that the files will play. It seems that The Divx player isn't working that well on your PC.

So yes, try that. You may find it'll work.

When you have downloaded a file, open up Windows Media Player and open it. You'll find Divx will be found, and the file will play.

Dude it worked in windows media player. You are my new best firend. But I got another problem now. The video lags behind the sound.

Hehe, No problems :)

Right, another thing to try.

If you go to the Programs menu where it should have installed itself, there should be a DIVX settings program called "Decoder Configuration Utility"

Go onto that, and they'll be settings corrosponding to how to play the video, for instance video quality and sound quality that mght improve the speed its playing at.

It could also be Windows Media Player doing it though. If you stop the video, and play it again, it might correct itself and get into sync.

I hope this helps

Oh :(

It might be the videos themselves in that case.

have you tried restarting your system since the installation?

Okay, if that doesn't work.

Go back onto the Divx Website, and on the main page there is a test video download of the new codec. Download that, and does that run slow too?

If it doesn't you know its the video feeds from the website.

Back
Top Bottom