Help os prob ..

DanTheMan89

Baseband Member
Hi i need some help recently when i turn on my computer it tells me . error finiding os . now all i have done is change the plugs from one of my other harddrives to the one with the os on and after a couple of restarts it works. could anybody tell me a away so my computer loads straight away .. ?
or is there a problem with me harddrive or anything else ?

Well, try doing this:

Go into BIOS by pressing 'Del' at bootup.

Now, in one of the menus (I think its the first) they'll be an option about "First Boot Device". Make the hard drive load first with Windows on as that, and then Save And Exit from the BIOS menu.

Hopefully then it'll work and find it.

If not, it could be possible your hard drive could have a fault, and i'd get on there and back up as quickly as possible :(

Kage said:
Well, try doing this:

Go into BIOS by pressing 'Del' at bootup.

It's also sometimes "F2", "F1" "Esc". it should say at the first screen you see.

Is the number if times it takes to start the same everytime?

Hi i restarted my computer and it happend again so i thought i try wat you said and it dident work.. to make it work wat i had to do was un plug my secound HD and Leave The 1st one with the os on then it loads up normal then i shut it down then plug the secound one so.. both pluged in then it works could it be anythign to do with the PSU . ?

Hmm, if it was the PSU, i'd think it'd be acting a bit stranger than that.

Are you sure some of the wires, etc aren't faulty and sometimes work/dont work?

Try for example to switch the power lead for another one.

Back
Top Bottom