Norton 2001 vs 2006...difference?

smithman01

Baseband Member
I have Norton 2001 anti virus software installed on my computer. I was wondering if anyone knew that since this is an older edition of Norton, if it is less effective. Shouldn't it do the same thing as 2006 such as having up-to-date virus definitions. etc. ?? The subscription is good through september of 2006. Lemme know.

It should be fine.

The only changes that will be made are probably better layouts, etc.
Plus, they bring out a version every year with the latest virus definitions just for the sake of it :p

Virus Definitons should work perfectly, don't worry :)

I'm quite sure that there have been some changes in the software. Like new features etc. But yes, u should have the newest virus definitions aslong as u download them.

I wouldn't go for norton, I'd just stick with a free one, AVG or AntiVir. Both are exellent. But if u wish to stay with norton then you should think about getting the new version. I'd probably keep that 2001 since u have a subscription for another year, but I'd do that mostly because I don't have that much money.

No problems :)

Like mammikoura said, they'll have extra features, but as long as you have definitions coming through, you'll have support.

Newer versions are for people who are just about to buy one probably, as it'd be a bit weird if you can imagine it. These people are about to buy an antivirus kit, and see 2001 up on stock. It'd mean them having to update, etc, whereas, most would rather see a new version, maybe with a few features thrown in, and not have to download as much defintions. Especially for people still using Dial-up.

i just switch from norton 2004 to norton secerty 2006 and well all it has is a few minor features but no real noticable change. as long as u update urs, u should be fine. (starting with norton 2005 they have real time worm protection)

Back
Top Bottom