Website business...

draconum

Daemon Poster
Ok, well this question is more directed to David, but your all more then welcome to help me out.
But I'm basicly asking for help on setting up a small network of sites such as David has to make a small income to buy computer supplies as well and other things in life. So if anybody can suggest help or give help that would be wonderful.
I'm just wondering what I need in terms of hosting and how should I setup the sites and such.
Thanks.

Chris

Well you don't need much hosting to start off with, you can always expand later on that what I did. DO you have experience about web sites and running them

You can also set up a home based server to host sites which is what i am doing. It isn't as complicated as it sounds. There are lots of software that is free such as Apache. But you need to check with your ISP since some of them block server ports such as port 80 since they don't want people chewing up their bandwitch.

I do Have Experience with websites for sure, I'm a webmaster for a website at the moment, and I used to have my own website (dragongames.ca) which I still own the domain to. But as for the home server I don't think my ISP work well with that idea because I've tried it before :p
But yeah, any more help would be helpful.
Thanks.

Chris

id recomend you list down what you realy are interested in on the web

eg computers graphics domains think which you like more and which you wont get bored of in the long run and then decide what can you offer thats different and unique to whats alreayd out there

as for hosting buy a cheap reseller account, thats what i run from

Well I'm interested in Jazz Music, Computer (well thats a given considering I'm here), Website Design and coding, Physics and Mathamatics.. Umm Also Alteritive learning as well, such as homeschooling and that.
That is just a few things I'm interested in but yeah.
(I like th reseller idea, that's what I'll probably end pu doing)

Chris

Back
Top Bottom