2ms LCD monitors!!!

but you are physically not able to see a difference between 16ms or below, also Organic LED's are still quite a ways away right now, but they are pretty sweet

Yes, either way, CRTs won't phase out anytime soon. The demand for LCDs isn't so overwhelming that CRTs are obsolete.

MikeReiner said:
Sorry if i'm mistaken on "all" being 1280x1024, but 90% of the LCD monitors i've seen only push that.
74% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Don't quote numbers like that without hard facts. =\

And ofcourse lcd isnt as good as crt display wise yet, It's new technology. Give it a few years to be refined and then start bashing it.

Remember all those people that didnt see the purpose in the telephone and would critisize it unrelenting? Well Guess what. Telephones became a crucial part of our society and spawned many inventions. First we have lcd, then we have holographic technology, mental images in our brain, It's all a process.

Actually LCDs aren't that old. They've been around for a couple of years now...

LCD is also easier on th eyes which is another plus. I just can't see myself owning a CRT when LCD technology has improved so much. All the computers at my work have been replaced with LCD's now, but they are the crappy cheap kind. So blurry and dark. I hate it.

Paradox said:
74% of all statistics are made up on the spot. Don't quote numbers like that without hard facts. =\

And ofcourse lcd isnt as good as crt display wise yet, It's new technology. Give it a few years to be refined and then start bashing it.

Remember all those people that didnt see the purpose in the telephone and would critisize it unrelenting? Well Guess what. Telephones became a crucial part of our society and spawned many inventions. First we have lcd, then we have holographic technology, mental images in our brain, It's all a process.

You're probably right, with the way the future looks, LCD will get better, no doubt, and I think that estimation of %s made up on the spot is underrated, more like 90% or more.
I was going on what I have experienced, i've seen a lot of LCD monitors, and have yet to see one past that res, so you can see why I would go by that.

TRDCorolla said:
LCD is also easier on th eyes which is another plus. I just can't see myself owning a CRT when LCD technology has improved so much. All the computers at my work have been replaced with LCD's now, but they are the crappy cheap kind. So blurry and dark. I hate it.

I'll give LCDs that, the spiffy and pretty ones are easier to work on. much better for office work.

this CRT aint bad for that, but if I was gonna sit here for 10 hours straight trying to work on it, i'd probably want lcd then.

and LCD's give off little to none radiation compared to CRT's. And LCD's are not stuck at 1280x1024, they have gotten bigger with the widescreens.

Back
Top Bottom