Cant shutdown/startup my P.C

rocketpants

Baseband Member
My p.c has a fairly decent spec, the problem started about a week ago when it seemed to be taking a long time to shut down, up to 3 minutes from the time i initiated it.
However its now got worse, one the desktop is displayed &,i cant even startup I.Explorer, or any other application befor it freezes & the hour glass icon stays permanently, i could be loads of things i guess but any suggestion as to what i could do to resolve this ?? short of formating.. cheers Andy c

At a guess, it'd suspect the RAM which is what clears when Windows is shutting down, and also what is needed when loading up programs.

Kage said:
At a guess, it'd suspect the RAM which is what clears when Windows is shutting down, and also what is needed when loading up programs.
Thanks 4 the reply, ime running 512 mb ddr, any ideas what i can do about it ??

I'm afraid that if theres a fault with the RAM itself, you'll have to replace it.

Any other symptoms? i.e random crashes on any other programs?

Kage said:
I'm afraid that if theres a fault with the RAM itself, you'll have to replace it.

Any other symptoms? i.e random crashes on any other programs?
I explorer quite often shut down for no reason, & Also BF 2 when i have played it, Although it was ok last night, might just have to get the ram checked out i guess ??

Yeah, its most likely the RAM causing the problems.

Many people don't realise whats wrong with the computer when these kinds of faults occur, and its to do with hardware. Not software or anything.

Back
Top Bottom