Are my specs good for gaming???

pointgod36

Solid State Member
I recently began building my own computer... with a budget... and I'm wondering what i should upgrade next becuase i have $200 left over.

These are my specs:

Aspire X-Cruiser Case
450 watt Aspire Power Supply
Pentium 4 HT 3.20 GHz Prescott
1024mb GDD3R memory (2x 256 + 1x 512)
80 gig maxtor hard drive
120 gig western digital hard drive
CD-R DVD-RW 24x
CD-R DVD-RW 24x
Ibm motherboard (from A150 Think Centre)
Soundblaster Live 5.1 audio
5.1 creative surround sound
Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128mb
2 Cold Cathode Lights Blue
2 LED Cannons Blue
Sunbeam light bus
Modded Microsoft keyboard
Logitech MX 1000 Laser Mouse
Windows XP Professional

OK I have $200 and im looking to either buy a new mobo or graphics card which ones should i get...for $200. Also with my new upgrade would my specs be good enough to play new ga,e on high settings? Please help!!!

the motherboard for sure and the video card are the only problems i see, other than that it should run most if not all games.

what should i look for in a good motherboard i dont know anything about mobo's except for overclocking and brands...Abit...Asus....Albatron....Gigabyte....etc. I already know videocards im probably going to go with x800xl theres one for $230 but motherboards....

okay how do you have 1GB of GDDR3? That is impossible since GDDR3 is only used on video cards.

pointgod36 said:
what should i look for in a good motherboard i dont know anything about mobo's except for overclocking and brands...Abit...Asus....Albatron....Gigabyte....etc. I already know videocards im probably going to go with x800xl theres one for $230 but motherboards....

well you'll want a PCI-E x16 graphic interface and socket 775 if you want to stick with intel or socket or 939 if you want to use AMD CPU's. for $200 though if you upgrade your MOBO(motherboard) you will also need to upgrade you CPU wich alone will be over $200(or pretty close). so your pretty much left with to upgrade your graphics card. Do you know what interface your graphic card is(PCI,AGPx4 or x8, PCI-Ex16)?

pointgod36 said:
will getting a new mobo improve my gaming, if so how???

NO and yes, what you put on your Mobo will (CPU, Graphic card...). You need a new MOBO to support newer interfaces(PCI-E, socket 775 for intel and 939 for AMD). the actual MOBO itself does nt improve your gaming though.

Back
Top Bottom