Computer Mother Cpu Problems Plz Help

jimmypile

Beta member
i upgraded my computer from a celeron 2.8 ghz , 256mb ram
some wal-mart crappy mechine

to a p-4 3.0 ghz 512 ddr ram 256mb 5200 pci g-card

when i edit video as i edit, it shuts it self down randomly like its over heating or soemthing, and on the screen is totaly black and counts down from 10 - 0 entering saving mode

if anyone can help me plz do,

wertlosgoth@hotmail.com is my email

I think the RAM will be the fault in this case :(

If you have more than 1 DIMM of RAM in your motherboard, take one out and test the program, and then test the other one. If one crashes and the other doesn't, you know which one to replace.

If though you only have one RAM chip of 512MB, then you know the culprit already.

IF YOUR MIXING:

If though your mixing the old RAM with the new RAM, this could also be a problem if the speeds, timings are different, as they say to get the exact same type of RAM if you are to have more than 1 chip installed.

well, see thats just the thing the ram i bought was new out of the package

i bought a stick of 512 ddr ram i have

two slots for ram i used one

do you think the ram could be the problem?

cause what happins is that my computer will start up, and everythign will run fun, but i am not shore if it is over heating or not, i touched the cpu fan or whats on the cpu it isn't hot and normaly a cpu runs at a good 100F .... this makes no sence to me, i didnt burn my fingers at all, it was as kool as my skin...

as i start to edit, or render video with effects on it like fading, and cross fading it just does it for about say... 2 mins or so.. then it just shuts down liek the screen goes completely black and says "entering power save mode"

??? plz post again, with your thoughts, my friend said it might be the power supply but if it was that, then the computer shouldn't even turn on correct?

even if say i am 40 watts short?

i thought it was a bad connection, or over heating or something?
but it doesn't feel hot, could it be the actual processor it self in stead of the fan and the metal it sits under?

might be your graphics card overheating. Just because the memory was fresh out of the package does not mean it good. it could be defective.

can you download a programme to see what temp your cpu is runnimng at?
what power supply do you have by the way?
woz

Yeah, I wouldn't think it was the power supply, simply because it only does it when your editing and using large quantities of RAM.

But yes, components can be faulty out of the box like anything can.

I advise you simply replace the RAM.

You are you got the right speed RAM though for your system?

Back
Top Bottom