Double Posting

Paradox1

Fully Optimized
I don't know how they did it, But I was at a VB Forum the other day and They had it set up where If you were the last to have posted in a thread a dialog box appears not allowing you to post again. This stops accidental double posting.

Then you just go back, copy your text, and paste it when you edit your last post.

Do you think that would be a good idea? It seemed interesting, They had a bad problem with double posting at their forum. We dont have it that bad so It's not really needed just figured Id tell you about it.

Well everyone does it at least once, but it is frowned apon when done just for the sake of doing so.

double posting can be avoided by just editing the 1st post and adding or subtracting the text you want to add or take out..

We have the doubel posting proection on, where in theory if you try and post the same thing it stops it

yes, just tried to post that same message again...

it says that post is a duplicate of the same post you have made in the last ten minutes...

but I guess that only stops spammers, not double posters like I'm doing now...
and it won't stop spammers if they add some this too the message...

I dont mean the same message twice, I meant posting two times in a row

~mr mixx~ said:
double posting can be avoided by just editing the 1st post and adding or subtracting the text you want to add or take out..

well thats exactly me problemo :D

Every single time I have double posted it has been because I have pressed the quote button instead of the edit button. They are too close to each other :D
So then I just do the editing and post it, then realizing that I quoted and edited the quote instead of editing the 1st message.

Back
Top Bottom