New to building a website

Vandiyan

In Runtime
My ISP gives each customer 10MB of webspace to design their own website. What is a good site to go to in order to learn how to build a good page? I am not wanting to do anything too fancy so it probably could be simple. Although if I enjoy it enough I might want to make it better. Also is 10MB going to give me any space really at all? Thanks for all of the information.

I think 10 megs is plenty considering a basic website (or at least all the ones I've made have been about 500 kb) I learned alot from this site. I think it's a good way to get started with html.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

I havn't read it in a while so if it doesn't say I'll go ahead and say it now:

All you need is notepad and save the item as html instead of txt and vualla there's your page ^_^

if you are new and just want to make a basic website, learning HTML may take longer than just doing it on a WYSIWYG program, such as Frontpage, learning HTML can be useful, but if you only intend to make one website, as a one off, don't bother.

As for space, 10 megs is fine unless you want to build a large website, or include LOADS of pictures and other media, if your website was 10megs, then you are doing well.

However, if 10 megs isn't enough, then you can get decent enough free hosting here: www.1asphost.com, I reccommend it, no pop-ups and you get 100 megs :D

Techy Geek said:
if you are new and just want to make a basic website, learning HTML may take longer than just doing it on a WYSIWYG program, such as Frontpage, learning HTML can be useful, but if you only intend to make one website, as a one off, don't bother.

As for space, 10 megs is fine unless you want to build a large website, or include LOADS of pictures and other media, if your website was 10megs, then you are doing well.

However, if 10 megs isn't enough, then you can get decent enough free hosting here: www.1asphost.com, I reccommend it, no pop-ups and you get 100 megs :D

there are pop ups on this host. (or at least there were when i visited the site yuo posted in another thread).

there is only a small text link added at the bottom of your page, but not what I would call a pop-up

criky, maybe so, its possible because I have Norton Internet security with a popup-blocker, i dunno, but I'll be getting a new host soon, or maybe I'll just upgrade my account with those guys, as everything seems to work well (I need a .asp host now, so I might as well). I dunno

PHP hosts are cheaper, and tend to offer more options,

personally I find PHP is an easier lnguage than asp... I mean it's up to you, but for the most part converting pages is quite an easy process.

lol, I dont actually know asp, lol, no, I just downloaded some pages in asp for help in creating a log-in feature, so I need an asp host.

In fact I have decided that I might learn ASP, as I believe (from what I've seen) it is quite similar to VB (and I can do that)

Back
Top Bottom