HL2 Steam Question

Kage said:
Haha, I have Zone Alarm and it works perfectly fine.

To check that the firewall hasn't blocked it though, check the Programs list. You may find Steam is disabled or something.

For instance, if you have ZoneAlarm, open it up, and go to the Program Control tab on the left, and then to the Programs tab at the top, and run through the list.

that SHOULD work. But I wasn't able to play FEAR mp demo, and yes I did allow it to acces the internet. Sometimes it worked but most of the time I couldn't find any servers. Then if I like restarted the game/zone alarm/computer a few times it worked. Then I swiched over to sygate and now it works every time. :)

Kage said:
Weird,
are you sure you let it access as a Server, etc?

yes, every connection that fear requested was allowed.
So then I just disabled ZA for a moment, connected to a server and then went to windows and started up ZA again. Sometimes it would disconnect me and sometimes it would work fine.

...Weird...

Least you know its protecting you though :p...*Nervous laughter* haha

so the poblem your having is you cant create a steam account??

www.steampowered.com

ask there, last time i checked no one here is a Valve techie

if you dont have a steam account regist it on there website and download steam then go into your games list and click advtivate a product i have bought

from there enter your serial which will pick up its a hl2 serial and give you a list of games available for download and install

Back
Top Bottom