Windows Media Player VS. Winamp

riverstyz

Baseband Member
Eh if this was posted already my bad...just lead me in the right direction, if not.

Windows Media Player or Winamp has been on and off for me. :p

Which of these two do you prefer to use, and why?

I love my Winamp!!!!!! It's my main audio player because of its awesome interface, customizeability, and feel. There are other reasons, but yeah. WINAMP!!!! I still use Windows Media Player for video though. I don't really like to play video through Winamp for some reason, but it does have the ability.

I havn't used winamp in a long time because i started using WMP,lol. I havn't used winamp in so long it would be unfair of me to judge it but as for WMP i love it because of the libary and just overall how it works.

I use wmp mainly, so I like it. It's pretty good too, in my opinion, becaeuse I've got some good skins (yes, I know winamp has them too) but I just prefer wmp. Winamp is ok, as my friend uses it, but I prefer wmp and he winamp. You should try each one out and see what your preference is, really. I can't speak for you, just for my opinion, so yeah.

Winamp does a pretty good job with playing mp3 files. I like it. Plus the different sound options make it even better. I like Media Player because it plays my movies too, not just MP3's.

winamp can play video files too.

But I use wmp, I do have winamp too but I almost never use it.
And for video files I use bsplayer, but all of this is just a matter of preference.

WinAmp is good for the customization, but the integration of services like getting album info kinda sucks. I like it's plug-ins though.

I just use Windows Media Player. It's neat, simple and is easy to use.

Music sounds better on Media Player than Winamp. Is Winamp still being supported and updated?

I use Windows Media Player Classic to play vids because it's versatile.

Winamp all the way. It plays better than Windows Media player and it supports more file extensions. If I can't use something, K-lite Codec pack (Plenty of Audio and Video codecs) comes in!

Yeah, I love Winamp for plugins which you can't get in Windows Media Player, for instance for it to play old computer music, etc.

Though I am using Windows Media Player mostly at the mo, simply because my Winamp has become unstable and freezes the computer every so often which takes it ages to recover from, and sometimes never comes back without a restart.

I have to agree in some way though that Windows Media Players equaliser works slightly better in reducing distortion, but carefully selected, I'd say they can sound about the same.

As in looks, I prefer Windows Media Players standard look to Winamp, but I like the skins and the window option where it can go to the top of the screen until you need it.

Back
Top Bottom