computer shuts down when i use bearshare

battersup

Baseband Member
my computer randomely shutting down is really pissing me off, every time i download a big file (a movie for example) on bearshare my computer shuts down and restarts, this never used to happen before i have used bearshare for a long time without any problems, this happens regularly now but when it first started happening after the computer would randomaely restart there would be a message saying "your system has just recovered from a serious error" but that doesn't happena anymore, it said it had something to do with a device driver but anyways, just 5 mins ago i closed all my programs except for the firewall and left bearshare on to see if that would help and it didn't, why is my computer doing this? i do not want to wipe my system clean again so what can i do? i have done virus scans and nothing has came up, i have zonealarm for a firewall, any help would be appreciated a lot,

Have you got a spyware scanner? And what virus scanner do you use?

Kage said:
Have you got a spyware scanner? And what virus scanner do you use?

i have got three and used them all and nothing has come up, ad-ware personal, Microsoft AntiSpyware, and webroot spy-sweeper, i use avg free version because norton sucked ass and my computer always got viruses

Weird, so if they haven't come up with anything, its definietly not any infections.

by any chance can you try uninstalling Bareshare and instead use another program? It might just be because it has compatability issues with something on your computer.
Or, is there a new version download for example?

Sometimes the exact same problem happens to me when I use Shareaza.

I really don't know why it happens, maybe there is a bug in the programming?

Is there an updated version you can download (although I am still using Shareaza 2.0, 2.2 is slower and gives less results, and sometimes has problems connecting)

Well, first narrow down the problem: is the computer just restarting, or is it BSODing and restarting because microsoft thought that would be a cute way to get rid of BSODs?

Go into start--> control panel--> system -->advanced tab-->"Settings" button under 'startup and recovery'--> under the system failure section, uncheck "automatically restart".

Go through the process that was restarting your computer again. Is it now giving you a BSOD? If it does, that most likely means its a software problem...

07mackenzie said:
Well, first narrow down the problem: is the computer just restarting, or is it BSODing and restarting because microsoft thought that would be a cute way to get rid of BSODs?

Go into start--> control panel--> system -->advanced tab-->"Settings" button under 'startup and recovery'--> under the system failure section, uncheck "automatically restart".

Go through the process that was restarting your computer again. Is it now giving you a BSOD? If it does, that most likely means its a software problem...

thanks a lot man, i turned off the automatic restart and now my computer doesn't shut down at all and it no errors or anything pop up

07mackenzie said:

nvm my computer now shows me an error message in a blue screen (after shutting down) saying its something to do with a driver, i am almost sure now that it is a ram overload so i think i am going to get another 512 mb ram on top of the ram i already have (512 mb), any idea on how much this upgrade is going to cost?

Kage said:
Weird, so if they haven't come up with anything, its definietly not any infections.

I wouldn't ever count that option out. Just because there is good protection it doesn't mean that it's immune to all of the viruses there is.

Well what I meant was that all those programs haven't found anything, and if they are all updated of course, there shouldn't be any.

I know viruses, etc are hard to keep up with so they can't create protection for all.

Back
Top Bottom