laptop upgrade quesstions

maanico1

In Runtime
what are the upgradable parts of a laptop, i know the ram can but is that it? im trying to play guild wars but it sez that my video card or something isnt supported (it still works tho, kinda choppy) even tho i double the minimum requirements

prolly get a hard drive for a laptop, and do u have all drivers downloaded for ur vid card? do u have a sound card, because i have heard that sound cards, can/might reduce frame rate

got an external hd, ive also heard about programs that basically shut down all other unnecessary programs when u need all ur resources for something such as a game, is this true?

doubt u can get one program to shut off all others. but maybe, changin ur start up items, and removing all the crap that u dont use, cause i did and my computer is fast as hell.

If u are using Win Xp do the folowing
Start___Run___"msconfig"(with out quotes)___last option tab at the top. Then choose what is system critical to start up, and what is not, also there are (on the first tab) ways to make it start in normal mode with nothing but system critical resources (i think) give that a try and report back, and if i am not on drop me a private message.

yeah, anytime, drop me a PM if u want some help, cause im still learning by trial and error, and trust me i leared computer boot up, the hard way, lol...

Back
Top Bottom