SP2 and 3rd Party Firewalls

maximus01can

Solid State Member
Howdy All,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience good or bad with Sygate freeware and SP2? I've been using Sygate on SP1 for over a year now and it works great, but I'm not sure about SP2. The "Folks in Law" just got a new dell and I'm toying with disabling SP2 Firewall and installing Sygate on for them along with the regulars, adaware, spybot, spyware blaster etc. etc. Any info "for or against" will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Max

Instead of toying with disabling firewall, toy with disabling SP2. Seriously, its the worst thing that ever happened to Microsoft.

I know I've had my share of problems with antivirus programs with SP2 before uninstalling it. Just seems nasty to have to remove SP2 from a brand new box, but maybe it's the best thing. To tell you the truth when I was buzzing in the add/Remove last night I can't even say that I say SP2 install anywhere in the proggies?? It should list it there should it not??

Max

Teencompwiz2 said:
I used Sygate on SP2 with no probs, but i would go with Zone Alarm.

I use them too. And zone alarm just kept giving me crap all the time (not working as it should) so I wen't for sygate and everything has worked great since then.

ohh, and ur sig can be only 5 lines.

I use Zone Alarm, and it seems to be protecting me very well.

I haven't tried any alternatives though. What exactly is Sygate?

Weird. i've been using it fine for ages. It only needs configuring once and its fine for me.

If it has a problem running with a program, it could be because its selected itself to either question if it should let it, or to disable it, both of which can be configured within the firewall itself.

Back
Top Bottom